{The Stylish Blogger Award} for my little blog?

YES!  I am so honored to receive the "Stylish Blogger" award!  Thank you so much Maureen from Eclectic Revisted.  While still very new to blogging, I have to confess that I didn't think anyone read my blog other than my sister.  So, let me thank all of you for taking the time to check in on my current design  L O V E s! 


So, in keeping with the rules of winning the Stylish Blogger award,  I am to list 7 things about myself and then award 10 of my favorite newly discovered blogs.

1.   My new year's resolution is to have more fun.  Perhaps that means a few more outings with my sister and  more trips and adventures with my little boy and hubby.  Cheers to that, right!?
 
2.  Nothing excites me more than a remodeling project or new piece of furniture.  And better yet, moving to a new house.  But, can you believe the moment I walk into a clothing store, I get sweaty, anxious and want to leave right away?  Oh, how I wish I had style in my wardrobe!


3.  I LOVE to bake... cookies, cakes, cupcakes.... Especially with my 5 year old and my sweetheart niece.  I start to get jittery when it's Sunday and haven't whipped something up for dessert all week.  And, yes, I love to EAT the sweets even more!

4.  My biggest time wasters:  reading home design blogs, watching Bravo and Barefoot Contessa and reading shelter pubs.   Guilt-free!

5.  Last year, I switched to a vegetarian diet. I've never felt better and only wished I'd done it sooner.  Thank you, Max and Gina for not judging.  And thank you, Mother, especially, for making this year's Thanksgiving and Christmas stuffing with veggie broth.... and not making a big deal about it.


6.   My high school sweetheart and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in 2010.   I was 21 when I got married!

7.   And last, but not least, the light of my life is my little boy, Alan who we sent to kindergarten this year.   Having him in school all day makes me realize how quickly time flies.  He reminds me everyday to enjoy whatever it is I'm doing at the moment, to wake up happy and to PLAY more.  This will fit in nicely with my new year's resolution, won't it?
Now, enough about me and on to the ten blogs I pass this award on to:

1. Design Indulgence, my very latest obsession, Sherry Hart, a master and a natural at home styling.  If only I could fly her to Austin and spend a day with her, I'd be in design heaven.

 
recent pics of her bedroom

2.  Centsational Girl, Kate.  Beautiful photography and great ideas can always be found on her site.  She inspires me to post more of my own pictures and projects.

cg sideboard
I LOVE reading about her projects at home, her DIYs and printables.  She's a great party planner too!

3. Copy Cat Chic posts are ones I always look forward to. Rachel shares stylish, thrifty alternatives to high dollar wish list items.


4.  Tracery, this shop in Rosemary Beach, Florida has me planning a trip there.  Seriously, just to visit their shop and charming little town.

  
If I could hire a firm for my own home, this would be the one.

5. Emily A. Clark.  She's a busy mommy who always makes time to make her home more beautiful and keep herself looking gorgeous.

Emily is a craiglist shopper and always stuns me with her finds.

6.  Rachel at Nest Egg.  A true inspiration and success story for a young designer following her passion.  I love her posts because they often include draw dropping pictures of recent work.  She has such talent and a very bright future.  I love that her blog lets us experience the ride alongside.

This is Rachel featured in Garden & Gun

7.  Cote de Texas.    The very first blog I started reading.  Each post is extensively full of home design at its best, including pictures of her own work.  Pure Design Eye Candy.

Just one small example of the eye candy on her site.

8.  Velvet and Linen.  Probably the blog I get most excited about when I receive a new post via e-mail. It's pure LOVE for me...

What you find on her blog is really nice photography of her own design work, mouth watering images from her LA shop and sketches by her architect hubby. 

9.  Hostess with the Mostess....  Thank you for bringing parties up to a new level and sharing your brilliance with us!

Pics from her blog that make you want to throw a party and use some of her DIY tricks.

10.  and last but not least, one of my favorite blogs of all, Eclectic Revisted.  Maureen always has new and beautiful posts on her blog.  I check in at least once a day, sometimes more, and you should too!

a recent Ralph Lauren picture on her blog.  This is just pretty perfection!

After receiving this award you have to pay it forward and follow the rules:

Rules:

#1) Thank & link back to the person who awarded you.

#2) Share 7 things about yourself.

#3) Award 10 great bloggers that you have RECENTLY discovered

#4) Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award

Thank you again for the recognition, Maureen.  Blogging has been a fun pastime for me.  This year will only get better as I vow to get more personal and post more of my own pictures!
like my dining room here!